If you are adventuring into the “waters” of taking this study – Fear not! If you are a parent or guardian who is looking for a way to help a child navigate through this study – Fear not!
- This is study is not designed to inundate you with so much information that you choke, in the water and/or on the Word
- This is not a do-it-yourself swim class: Most of the activities involved in the lessons can and should be practiced away from the pool
- This is not an intensive Bible study: Each lesson’s theme is relatively simple and self-contained, so that it can be easily digested
What this study is designed to do is give you an opportunity to establish, realign and/or reprogram your thought processes regarding a relationship with waterways. Water calls to water: if you can learn to relax and feel at home in your own skin, the 70% liquidity of our bodies can be at home in the 100% fluidity of water. Spirit calls to spirit: if you can learn to relax and feel at home within your own spirit, you can take this opportunity to establish, realign and/or reprogram your thought processes regarding a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. This program is designed to equip you with the tools necessary to approach a swim class with the confidence, grace and basic knowledge that says “I Can Swim”.
So, again I say, “Welcome.” Or, better still…… “Welcome Home”.
Concept: Head-to-Toe Swim Prerequisite Instruction
Audience to whom these lessons are directed:
- Those who wish to learn to swim, including those whose arrested development precluded the learning of swimming skills as an option in the past
- Those who are learning, or have learned to swim, who may or may not have abundant access to swimming facilities, but wish to maximize their pool-time by incorporating and improving their skills, including breathing and optimal body positioning
- Those swim instructors, as well as those who wish to teach swimming and water safety, who wish to both understand the behavior of some swim students and how best to reach the shared goal of producing confident swimmers from non-swimmers
- Anyone who desires to make swimming and water safety an integral part of his/her life for exercise, employment and just plain old fun
Physical Disclaimer: Before beginning any exercise program, please consult your physician, to determine if you are physically fit to perform the skills included. Once you have been cleared, please allow me to introduce you to the joy, confidence and ability to affirm, “I Can Swim!”
- Those who wish to understand correlations between swimming, water safety and worship
- Those who wish to increase their knowledge of selected biblical stories and how they apply to contemporary living, from an aquatic perspective
- Those who are seeking a fresh, new way to reach others for the cause of Jesus Christ through aquatics, according to the Great Commission, found in Matthew 28:19-20 New American Standard Bible (NASB): “19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- Anyone who desires to make Jesus Christ Lord and Savior of his/her life for salvation, evangelism and just plain old joy
Spiritual Disclaimer: Be prepared to learn who the Lord Jesus Christ is, what He has done for you, and how this will affect your life – both now, and in the ever after. One with the Father and the Holy Spirit from the very beginning, The Messiah foretold by the prophets and the angels, Born of the virgin Mary, Fully God and fully Man, Crucified for the sins of all, once and for all, Resurrected on the third day, Given all authority in heaven and earth, Coming back soon – Please allow me to introduce to some, and present to others, our Lord and Savior, the one and only, Jesus Christ!
To schedule a workshop call 407-694-6168 or email email@example.com.